In accordance with the law of China on the Administration of Entry and Exit of Foreign Nationals, all foreigners must follow the procedures listed below to apply for a visa and must present required documents.
Basic documentation and application form for individual tourist visit visa (L visa):
1. Passports of more than six months validity with a blank visa page.
2. One complete application form (The People's Republic of China Visa Application Form).
3. One recent passport size photograph ( black and white or color)
4. A tourist visa invitation from a Chinese tour agency - which will be provided by Travel China Planner.
Note: if the application form is not completely filled out, or the contents are not truthful, or it is not legible, this can cause procedure delay or the visa to be denied.
For travel to Tibet, please contact the Tourist Bureau of Tibet Autonomous Region to obtain approval before applying for a visa. (Tel: 86-891-6834313 Fax: 86-891-8634632). Travel China Planner will also apply for your Tibet visit permit if your tour leads you to Tibet.
For tourist/family visit visas, you can apply for a single entry or a double entry visa.
Visa Application or Entry Permit for China's Hong Kong Special Administrative Region:
U.S. citizen who possess a valid U.S. passport going to Hong Kong for business or tourism may stay in Hong Kong for three months without a visa. If they plan to stay in Hong Kong for over three months or if their purposes are for employment, study, training, residence, or visiting relatives, they must apply for a visa.
Chinese citizens who do not possess foreign residency can transit/stay in Hong Kong for seven days without a entry permit. If they wish to stay over seven days, they must apply for approval through the Hong Kong Immigration Department.
Chinese Citizens possessing foreign residency can apply for a Hong Kong Entry Permit for up to fourteen days at the Chinese Embassy and Consulate. If they wish to stay for over fourteen days, they must apply for approval through the Hong Kong Immigration Department.
Group Visa Requirement
1. Six (6) or more individuals traveling together to China on the same date, at same city, and leave China on the same date, and at same city.
2. A copy of all passports that are of more than six months validity - No original passport needed.
3. Processing time needed is 20 days
4. Processing Fee is $80 per person.
Generally, a visa is valid for three months from the date of issue. Please apply for your visa no more than three months, no later than thirty days before the planned date of departure to avoid expiration of the visa.
Normal processing time for a visa is a minimum of five business days after the date the Chinese Consulate receives the application.
1. Persons suffering from mental disorder, leprosy, AIDS, venereal diseases, contagious tuberculosis or other infectious diseases are not be allowed to enter China.
2. The Validity of the Visa, Duration of Stay, and Number of Entries, are issued at the discretion of consular officer, whose decisions are based strictly on the laws and regulations of the Chinese Government.
3. The consular officer has the authority to refuse any applications inconsistent with Chinese laws and regulations.
4. The consular officers are entitled to change and/ or revoke issued visas. The consular officer reserves the right to refuse any application and withhold disclosure of the reason.
All requirements listed above are subject to change without notice at the discretion and interpretation of the Chinese Embassy and Consulates General.
Download Required Application Form:
If you have any question to apply for Chinese visa, you can click here to contact our representatives!